The Maid of Honor Checklist - Be Sure You Completed All Your Maid of Honor Duties
This Maid of Honor Checklist includes the top 20 traditional Maid of Honor Duties. If you are the Maid of Honor, this Maid of Honor Checklist may seem pretty overwhelming to you, but do not panic yet. Do not assume everything on this Maid of Honor Check list is solely your responsibility, to find out your exact responsibilities of the Maid of Honor, talk to the Bride to find out what she expects from you. Also, the mother of the bride will most likely help you with this Maid of Honor Checklist.
- Help and assist the bride, mother of the bride, and bridesmaids any time you can.
- If the bride wishes, help her find possible locations for the wedding. She may ask you to call around for availability or go with her on a walk through.
- Assist the bride with selecting the invitations, decorations, party favors, cake flavors, dinner menu and seating arrangements – or she may have her fiancé assist her. (If you are asked - be honest, but be understanding)
- Accompany the bride to shop for her dress, your dress, and the bridesmaids' dresses. Input your opinion, and learn everything there is to know about helping her with her dress-this way you will be better prepared on the wedding day.
- Organize a night where you, the bridesmaids, and the bride get together and organize and address invitations (for the bridal shower, wedding, and later on the thank you cards)
- Host the bridal shower - get a list of guests from the bride and her mother
- Host the bachelorette party - make it so the bride will have fun, do not force her to do things she does not want to do.
- Be prepared to help set up the rehearsal dinner.
- On the wedding day, be sure the bride arrives on time and is prepared with everything she needs; maybe have a checklist for her. In addition, help place the finishing touches on the bride's dress, hair, and makeup.
- Stay in the loop on the wedding day, know what time everything is supposed to occur, and stay in close contact with the wedding planner.
- During the ceremony, you have the responsibility of the groom's ring, holding the bride's bouquet, and helping her with her train and veil.
- When they ask, you have the honor of signing the wedding certificate.
- You will be expected to stand in the receiving line after the ceremony with the remainder of the wedding party.
- After the ceremony, you will need to help the bride during the pictures, and be in the pictures yourself.
- Be prepared to give a maid of honor speech and a toast at the reception - speak to the bride about this beforehand, every wedding is different.
- Be prepared to dance with members of the wedding party and others.
- During the reception, offer the bride and groom drinks and snacks. They will be very busy and their brains fried, so try to make sure they eat and drink!
- When the reception is over, assist the bride in preparing and gathering her things.
- Since the couple will be leaving for their honeymoon shortly, arrange for safe delivery of all wedding gifts and the bride's wedding dress.